The American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) will offer its Communications Training Boot Camp for Scientists this October 15-16, 2018. Students and staff affiliated with NSC Alliance member institutions are eligible to receive a significant discount off of the regular program registration rate.
The AIBS Communications Training Boot Camp for Scientists was designed to enhance the communication skills of scientists, particularly those interested in communicating with decision-makers and the news media. The program is an excellent way to develop new communication skills and identify effective methods for broadening the impact of research and education programs.
The Boot Camp is an intensive, two-day, hands-on training program.
Participants will learn:
– How to translate scientific findings for non-technical audiences
– How to tell a resonant story that informs decision-makers
– How to prepare for and participate in a news interview
– How to prepare for and engage in a meeting with a decision-maker
– How to protect your scientific reputation
– How to identify and define the audience you need to reach
– What decision-makers want to hear from a scientist
– What reporters are looking for in an interview
– How to leverage social media
– How the nation’s science policy is developed and implemented
Participants will also have the opportunity for formal and informal discussions with science policy and communications experts working in Washington, DC.
Learn more about the program and register now at https://www.aibs.org/public-policy/communications_boot_camp.html.